Wednesday, July 11, 2012

So worth the time to read ... So proud of our youth!


eNews||Pastor Bill

Our students are back from the Appalachian mountains (East Ky) and what a great week it was!  If you were present Sunday morning you caught something of their excitement of God's work in their lives.  One of our youth, Delaney Lazenby, wrote this poem summing up their experience.  Excellent!

MFuge Poem

Delaney Lazenby

I went to camp with a plan in my head
But God said “No, you'll do this instead.”

See, I wanted a kid to love and to hold
But I was in nursing homes where I had to be bold.

I think of my grandad every single day,
But I faced that pain in a whole new way.

See, for the sick and elderly, I had to pray
But the words that they needed, I just couldn't say.

Some people told me, “They’re in lots of pain.”
And a few others thought our prayers were in vain.

It was for them I wanted to shed a tear
Because when we leave, they have to stay here.

I talked with adults that have special needs
And I made them bracelets with string and some beads.

You could see the joy deep down in their heart
Because in their lives we took a part.

I was truly blessed talking to these people
And, for once, a blessing didn't come from a steeple.

Because they were real and they come from their heart,
All the talks were meaningful right from the start.

Whether it was Mrs. Pearl talkin’ about her farm
Or Mrs. Mary saying “prayer does no harm.”

Even though Wayne threw balloons in my face
I was touched at every place..

At the start of the week I was kinda sad,
And I thought this whole trip would turn out bad.

When I didn't get children's, I was kinda mad,
But as time went on my sad turned to glad.

By the end of the week I had seen a new light
And in my heart me and God got right.

In just 5 days God made his mark
And in my mind he lit a spark.

I've dropped my old self and I'm starting with new.
It's a good change, and it feels good too.

And I really hope you guys will help see me through,
In that maybe some way this will change you too.

This is just how this camp changed me,
But let's take a moment to switch me with we.

We took 84 people to a camp in the hills
And we were put into groups according to skills.

And it didn't matter how tired or how hot.
We had a mission that we never forgot.

The work that we did touched the lives of many
And we didn't do it for that precious penny.

And, church, you helped us raise our cash
And we bought a bus out of that big stash.

We stepped off that bus ready to make a difference,
But we knew our hearts really needed deliverance.

For all of us this week was truly a blessing
And I hope you heard the change we're expressing.

Because we all walked away a closer group of people,
We all joined together under His great kingdom.

We all thank God for moving our hearts
And we thank you, church, for giving us a start.

Copyright © 2012 Mt. Carmel Baptist Church, All rights reserved.
Church email list
Our mailing address is:
Mt. Carmel Baptist Church
7109 Hwy 25 E
Cross PlainsTN 37049

No comments:

Post a Comment