Thursday, January 16, 2014

She has made her choice ...



Tanya is on her way back to Ukraine.  While here, she made a decision. She no longer wants to live in America. She is returning to Ukraine and chooses to live there. We are not adopting her. It was a very hard decision, and I knew she was struggling. I am the one who pushed the adoption ahead, to give Tanya more time to think about the decision she was making and I knew this winter hosting session would be very good for her to see what her life would be like with us. I am so glad we did that. We just want what is best for her.

She still has family in Ukraine, particularly a brother she is very close with. To ask her to leave all she's known would not be fair to her, so we let her make up her own mind without any persuasion on our part. It had to be her decision and know she made her decision on her own. We will keep in contact with her, support her in any way she needs, and love her from across the ocean. She is such a good girl and to watch her leave today was heart breaking. She wants to come back and visit us. Hopefully, we can get her back here this summer. As to what her future holds? I have no idea. But we will be in it, somehow.

Thanks so much for all your support, kind words, love, and hugs! Tanya is a very special girl and I hope we have touched her life the way she has touched ours! I know that Tanya came into our life for a reason. I first thought adoption was her purpose, to join our family.  When I saw her struggling last week, I prayed and asked that she find her inner strength, be brave, and find peace. Little did I know her peace would become my peace. I know now, we came into her life for a reason also. I'm hoping she sees what a special girl she is and that we love her unconditionally!

When people cross our paths in life, we may not know why in the beginning, and we also don't know what path we'll take with them, once they are in our lives.  Tanya entered our lives with a purpose although she did not know it.  She's taught me so much about my relationship with my own children, Taylor and Aiden.  What a revelation she is. What a brave and amazing girl she is, to come from a foreign country, live with total strangers, and hopefully learn a lot about herself in the process.

Although I am saddened and heartbroken, I have to believe in my heart she will be okay. I did tell her if she was ever in danger of being harmed, for her to contact us and we will help her any way we can. She said okay.

Someone had posted a link to this ring on Facebook a while back. When I saw it, I knew Tanya had to have it.


Tanya was so timid, nervous, scared, overwhelmed, and brave, all at the same time when she first arrived in the US this summer. But by the end of the summer, her confidence grew. She rode roller coasters with no fear, laughed until her face turned beat red, and smiled with so much love. What an amazing year to witness. I want Tanya to Love Life and Be Brave! I want her to know she is important to us, that we love her, and she is an amazing young girl! The future is so up in the air for her, but I'm hoping, so much, that when she looks down and sees her ring, she'll know we want her to Love Life and Be Brave that she's worth it and can do anything she sets her mind to! Just Love Life and BE BRAVE Tanya! We love you!



3 comments:

  1. You will be blessed for letting her come to her own decision - even though I know it was a tough one. We are in a situation where our girl, hosted 4 times, is not cleared. We don't know if we will ever be able to bring her here forever. We've had to change our mindset with hosting in that we are doing what is best for her longterm, by giving her responsibilities, learning how to use money, new skills, etc - and we will always be her parents - even if it we are always separated by that big ol' pond.

    Prayers today, from me, for you and your family.

    Blessings,
    Leigh Ann

    ReplyDelete
  2. Leah,

    I am so sorry to hear this news. I know you are heartbroken. I know that you all have blessed her life tremendously in the time that you have been able to spend with her. The Lord has a plan for her life and what a blessing for you to be a part of it. Sending prayers and blessings your way.

    -Stephanie Loza

    ReplyDelete
  3. She is one that I spent time with at IAD yesterday. She was sad at times ... I could tell something was heavy on her heart. I know that God will be with her and your family as you do what you can for her across the ocean. Your journey will not be in vain.

    ReplyDelete