Tuesday, August 21, 2012

It was a little different this year ...

This past Sunday was my birthday. I turned 39 again! Okay, honestly, I turned 42 but I'm proud of my age. I'm growing old as gracefully as one can, or at least trying to. So I awoke that morning, just like any other morning. Aiden was still sleeping, so I just laid in bed and enjoyed the quiet for a while. I soon remembered it was my birthday, Sunday August 19th.  And for once, my first thought was, I wonder if my birth mother is thinking of me right now. Yeah, heavy statement. Did she think of me every year on my birthday? Did she think of me often, did she only think of me on my birthday??

This year was the very first time I actually thought of my birth mother first on my birthday. Where as, all my years before last year, I had only thought of myself. But something happened last year that has changed my life forever. Instead of repeating all that I wrote a year ago. You might want to read this post.

Yeah, that pretty much sums it up.....

Thank you Aiden for giving me a new light on my life. He is my saving savior. He's showed me the missing link to my own life and how he has made it so much more. I don't know if I would have ever seen the other side, when all I was doing was staring at the wrong one. It took me 40 years to get past my own hurt, abandoned self, asking why all these years. Why was it not so simple to see? Because this little guy had to show me his way.



He set an example that made more sense than anything else in my life, where it finally clicked! It's weird how life works out sometimes, just as it should be....

2 comments:

  1. Awesome post Leah. Aiden is such a special guy for so many reasons. And I love that picture of him!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know something Leah, I read you original post just after you wrote it last year and it was right in the middle of my "cry fest" after finding out from our social worker that we were probably going to be left out of the final set of EPs for 2011. It made me realize that I had been spending a lot of "me me me" time without giving thought to anyone else - birth mom, foster mom, even my own son still in Korea. Your post gave me a lot of perspective and clarity.... then and today. Thank you! ...And Happy Belated Birthday!!!!

    K-Lee

    ReplyDelete