Monday, January 23, 2012

One.Last.Thing....

After we finalized Aiden's adoption, you'd think all the paperwork, faxing, copies needed, visits, etc would be over. Ah, that would be a No! One last major thing is left. I sent off the forms and all the copies of legal stuff for Aiden's Certificate of Citizenship. Yes, he is a legal citizen now, but we  need this to prove he is, until it's done he'll be listed as a permanent resident, not a legal citizen. I may have some of that wrong, no mind. I think it'll change his "Immigration status" in the US.  All I know is,  we have to send all the required documents  to the Government one.more.time.  He'll need it at certain times in his life. It could possibly take as long as 12 months before we get it. I hope it doesn't take that long. I'm sure one day I'll get this big envelope in the mail marked US Dept of Homeland Security  a long time from now, totally forget we submitted this, and freak out because it says, US Dept of Homeland Security! What would you think if you got something in the mail that said that!?! I do need to get him a Social Security card also, but that can wait till this COC comes in....whenever that'll be! :)   I will be so glad to get this one last document!! Then I can add it to all of this!


I keep all of our Adoption paperwork, in the big binder and all of Aiden's legal documents in the smaller binder.  Glad there's only one more thing coming, the big binder is almost full! The seam has already split in the inside. 




Yes, I'm a neat freak! But you try going through an adoption process and need to find a certain document or copy of something in a mess of papers! It's just not possible! (( I guess it's possible, but not by my standards!!)) Okay, so I'm borderline OCD.  You get the picture! ;)














3 comments:

  1. I thought I was organized with the paperwork.... but you put me to shame. You go girl! I am almost ready to mail ours too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have all my adoption paperwork in a hanging file folder box thingy but I need to do what you've done and get it more organized. I'll add that to my growing to do list. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Leah! I have a big binder too! Guess that makes me OCD....but I can't think of any other way to operate when you have so much paperwork to keep track of!

    ReplyDelete